Re: [modeller_usage] query about coil region!!

Cool Hunk wrote:
> i really got it, can you please make me one more thing sure that can i
> declare any part of my target a coil region irrespective of its
> alignment wth template region, if yes then how?? cuz in tht example its
> told about the helix n strand.... but not about coils...

If the model is aligned with a template, you will get spatial restraints
that aim to constrain the model to look like the template. So if your
template is a helix, and you try to add a strand secondary structure
restraint, the two will conflict. So secondary structure restraints only
really work in regions of low sequence similarity.

There is no "coil" secondary structure restraint, because "coil" is
essentially the lack of any defined secondary structure. It's probably
what you'll get by default in unaligned regions. There is no restraint
that says "please don't form a helix or strand".