Re: Modeller on linux

>I am not sure what is going on without looking at your system ...
>
>Try this:
>
>cd /usr/local/bin/modeller4/bin
>rm mod4
>mv mod4_linux-i486 mod4
                 ^
                 ^   4?  is this a typo?
 The one I found on the ftp site was mod_i486-linux-SMALL.Z

>chmod a+x mod4
>
>Also make sure /usr/local/bin/modeller4/bin is in your execution path
>(echo $path).

Its now working.
Strange as it may sound but my linux turns
hosttype into i386-linux on its own no matter what you put in
the .cshrc or even the system-wide /etc/profile. Each time I boot,
the hosttype is turned into i386-linux.  I used to force it into
i486-linux in the step ./Install but then the script /bin/hosttype
turns it back into i386-linux which gives an error on creation of
the proper directory and "mod4" in its proper place thereby causing the
subsequent errors i reported earlier.
I changed your executable to mod_i386-linux  (after all it is an executable)
where it existed and apparently it has worked. Run_tests did not cause any
error and has successfully gone through.
I will try to find out where  linux stores its machine type but may be there
is no need.

Thanks once again,

Lutfullah