Re: constraining an serine triade

Dear Marco,

It is possible to restrain any kind of spatial restraint (angle, distance etc.)
in Modeller, using external data from experimental results (additional NMR
constraints) or some preliminary knowledge as in your case.

e.g. in your case you can introduce distance restraints among the three
residues. the easiest way is to include in your top file a redefined
SPECIAL_RESTRAINTS routine, with the desired values and parameters.

I include an example below, which restrains 2 distances between atoms of
residues 166 and 336 and 191 and 336.

For the details of the parameters, please look up the manual.
####################
SUBROUTINE ROUTINE = 'special_restraints'
  ADD_RESTRAINT ATOM_IDS =  'NH1:166' 'O1:336',;
	 RESTRAINT_PARAMETERS = 2 1 1 22 2 2 0 3.5 0.1
  ADD_RESTRAINT ATOM_IDS =  'NE2:191' 'O4:336',;
	 RESTRAINT_PARAMETERS = 2 1 1 22 2 2 0 3.5 0.1

RETURN
END_SUBROUTINE

Andras

--
    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216