Re: H Bond between GLU OE1 and ASP OD2

Nicolas,

With respect to non bonded terms, by default, Modeller relies on distant
restraints and a lower bound repulsive potential (soft sphere) i.e does not see
charges. Consequently it will try to retin as much of the template residue
conformation as possible.

You can try alternative solutions to see alterantive conformations. E.g. if you
concerned about charges, switch on electrostatic potential by including in your
top file:

SET DYNAMIC_COULOMB  = on

another trick would be to remove the template residue. In that case modeller
will build the new residue without "homology derived" restraints.

Andras

--
    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216