Re: Clashes in a model

Hi Nicolas

It does happen sometimes although rarely, that "knots" show up. Like in your
case, when a very artificial setup is forced.

1.,  it would be better to have overlaps among the connected segments, that
will provide info about the relative orientation of each segment

2., (hit-and-miss approach)  generate several models ("set FINAL_MODEL= 5"
(20)?) .  And eliminate those ones that goes wrong. You can also introduce an
even more  loosely defined starting conformation by increasing the deviation
(e.g "SET DEVIATION= 5.0", check the manual, RANDOMIZE_XYZ command )

Andras

--
    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216