Re: Installation problem

Hi Diego,

Instead of tracking down your problem in this old version, please try a new
one. It is going to be released  soon, before year end.

to get the pre-release version (you can have several modeller versions now,
because, as you will see, the environmental variables and keys are different):

 please login as anonymous to our ftp site:
 salilab.org
 directory
 /pub/andras/

and get file mod6.tar.Z. This is modeller6 which was written in fortran
90/95 with dynamic memory allocation, i.e. there is no limit in the size of the
system applied for.

 include in your .cshrc file (and modify accordingly)
 #######################################
 setenv MODINSTALL6a     /usr/local/modeller/modeller6a # i.e. your path
 setenv EXECUTABLE_TYPE  i386-absoft  # This is for Linux
 #setenv EXECUTABLE_TYPE  iris4d       # This is for SGI R10000
 setenv LIBS_LIB6a       $MODINSTALL6a/modlib/libs.lib
 setenv KEY_MODELLER6a   XXX
 set    path=($path $MODINSTALL6a/bin)
 limit stacksize unlimited

issue from the /src/main directory "make install"

Modeller6 is backward compatible, but please note there is no updated manual
for modeller6.

best,
Andras

--
    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216