Re: [modeller_usage] question about Modeling with cryo-EM compare.

On 1/12/10 6:29 AM, Knut J Bjuland wrote:
When you read the second part of this tutorial at
http://salilab.org/modeller/ncmi_2008/select.html. How do you read this
table, or is there any function in modeller that use the table and
output sequence identity.

Sequence identity comparison (ID_TABLE):

    Diagonal       ... number of residues;
    Upper triangle ... number of identical residues;
    Lower triangle ... % sequence identity, id/min(length).

Just like it says, the upper triangle tells the number of identical residues, the diagonal the number of residues and the lower triangle the sequence identity.

          1b8pA @11y7tA @11civA @25mdhA @27mdhA @23d5tA @21smkA @2
1b8pA @1      327     201     146     152     152     249      50
1y7tA @1       61     327     158     170     160     210      58
1civA @2       45      48     374     140     304     148      55
5mdhA @2       46      52      42     333     140     164      58
7mdhA @2       46      49      87      42     351     148      50
3d5tA @2       78      65      46      51      46     321      50
1smkA @2       16      19      18      19      16      16     313

I am not able to read the this table manually and I can not see how
I  can extract sequence_identity from it.

For example, the lower (bottom left) triangle shows you that the sequence identity between 1b8pA and 1smkA is 16%, between 11y7tA and 3d5tA is 65%, and so on.