Re: [modeller_usage] muliplay cpu

On 1/21/10 12:59 AM, Knut J Bjuland wrote:
Hi I got this output when I ran the script.
I tried to use inheritance to get my
class to also import parallel.
modeller.parallel.communicator.RemoteError: <type 'AttributeError'>:
'module' object has no attribute 'KJ' from <Slave on localhost>

When you define your own classes, you must do so in a separate Python file from your main script (e.g. put them in another file called 'myclasses.py' and at the top of your main script say "from myclasses import *") This is a consequence of the way Python's "pickle" module works (which is used by Modeller's parallel module to send objects between different CPUs).

See also http://salilab.org/modeller/9v7/manual/node412.html