Re: [modeller_usage] should I use T-COFFEE alignment or generate one with alignmnent() module

Actually I used compare.py as a means to narrow down the list with the 8 potential templates, not to generate an alignment for comparative modelling.

As for the consensus alignment (48 sequences and templates in total), it looks very good, all the conserved motifs from each sequence coincide. The problem is that sequence matches not necessarily imply structure matches, something that was denoted by malign3d when I fed the 8 template sequences as they were aligned in the consensus alignment.

Certainly my option 3 (letting Modeller align the sequences) is not a good idea as T-COFFEE's method is more sophisticated and incorporates structural information. So I'm between 1. and 2.

1. edit my T-COFFEE-generated consensus alignment by leaving only the 4 sequences I need, and create an alignment for Modeller
2. generate a new structure-based alignment with T-COFFE with only the selected 4 sequences and feed it to Modeller

Which of those 2 will be more accurate?