Re: [modeller_usage] Preparing input files

On 04/02/2010 11:00 AM, Daniel Fernandez wrote:
If I have a target protein, i.e., 1ahoa protein I want to model, how can
I prepare the input files (i.e. alignment and template files) for that
protein??? any suggestions? tutorials or read about this?  the modeller
tutorial assumes one knows how to prepare the files to be read by
modeller, and I actually don't know that part.  Any advise would be
strongly appreciated.

The input template files are just PDB files, which you can download from the PDB website. The alignment files are just text files, which you can easily create in any text editor (vi, emacs, Notepad, etc.). It is true that the Modeller tutorial assumes you know how to use a text editor. ;)