Re: [modeller_usage] model with ligand

On 04/15/2010 04:23 AM, Knut J Bjuland wrote:
I use multiple sequence and one template pdb to get an improved
alignment. I also just use part of the protein around the active domain.
Should I also add the ... at all the other seqeunce as well as the one I
am modelling.

Modeller can use multiple templates (structures) to model a single sequence (model) but not the other way round. Its alignment methods don't work with ligands anyway, so for alignments you should turn env.io.hetatm off and not use any '.' one-letter codes. Then add in '.' where necessary for the modeling step.

Is there anything in particular I should keep in mine when
using acetyl-coA when it is an ligand.

No, Modeller doesn't care about the type of the ligand, so you don't have to do anything special.