Re: [modeller_usage] template quality selection criteria

Thomas Evangelidis a écrit :
Apart from sequence similarity to the target sequence and crystallographic resolution, someone told me I should also look to the electron density map info. Yet his english is not good and I haven't found yet the parameter he's referring to. Can anyone clarify what other parameters I should look to in order to select the best templates for modelling?

thanks,
Tom

I assume he was referring to the 'temperature' factor in the pdb file.
Using a lot of viewers, you can color atoms by this "temperature" factor and have a qualitative indication of where your template is "rigid" (low temperature factor), or is more flexible (higher temperature factor).

If you target needs a "hot" section of your template, you'll probably need to pay more attention to the modeling process, since the coordinates from these regions are prone to larger deviations.

Cheers,

Stéphane
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:St=C3=A9phane T=C3=A9letch=C3=A9a
n;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:T=C3=A9letch=C3=A9a;St=C3=A9phane
org;quoted-printable:INSERM U957 - EA 3822;Laboratoire de Physiopathologie de la R=C3=A9sorption Osseuse et Th=C3=A9=
	rapie des Tumeurs Osseuses Primitives
adr;quoted-printable:;;Facult=C3=A9 de M=C3=A9decine, 1 rue Gaston Veil;Nantes cedex 1;;44035;France
email;internet:
title:Drug design, molecular modelling
tel;work:+33 240 412 960
tel;fax:+33 240 412 860