Re: [modeller_usage] based on intial model failed

On 07/09/2010 06:38 AM, albert wrote:
I try to build a model with my own intial model, but it failed,
here is the log file:

In order to reproduce your problem, we'll need to see all of your input files, not just the log. See
http://salilab.org/modeller/9v8/manual/node10.html

_modeller.ModellerError: rdpdb___303E> No atoms were read from the
specified input PDB file, since the starting residue number and/or chain
id in MODEL_SEGMENT (or the alignment file header) was not found;
requested starting position: residue number " ", chain " "; atom file
name: loop.pdb

Specification of an initial model is one way to help the optimizer find optimal solutions. In principle of course the optimizer will find the global solution, so the choice of initial model is irrelevant. That said, the initial model must be in the same format as the models generated by Modeller - i.e. the same amino acid sequence, residue numbering and chain IDs.