[modeller_usage] A followup question to Re: questions on loopmodel in the presence of a ligand

Hi,

I understood that modeler will assign the radii based on the element in the BLK residue (since there are no parameters or topology for it, e.g. question 1 below).

But I think I am misunderstanding how exactly modeler assigns radii for BLK residues, because
when i put the following in my python script.

m.write(file='outGRASP.pdb', model_format='GRASP')

the GRASP.pdb file output has the radii 1.70 for all the atoms in my BLK ligand,e.g. in the outGRASP.pdb for one of the ligand atoms:

HETATM 2643  C1  CP5 B 334      -6.583   0.667  16.488  1.70  0.000

e.g. it seems to be assigned the radii of an UNDF atom (not a C atom?)

For clarification, how does modeler assign radii (from the radii.lib file) for BLK residues?

And maybe there are some comments on whether this makes much difference in any case?

Thanks in advance -
Diane