Re: [modeller_usage] aligning DOPE profiles between model and template

On 9/30/10 12:50 PM, dmitry lyumkis wrote:
I am currently using Modeller to predict a domain structure in a
protein of interest. The alignment that was calculated contains gaps
in the model, as compared to the template. When I finish modeling, I
would like to overlay the DOPE profiles between model and template,
but they contain a different number of residues, and therefore
graphical overlays do not make sense. I can get around this issue by
writing some script to get rid of extra residues or set their DOPE
energies to some constant value, but I was more interested in finding
out how this is normally done in Modeller? Is there some function that
would compare / align DOPE profiles for the calculated models based on
the template?

It never really makes much sense to compare the model with the template, since by construction the model will resemble the template. If you really want a comparison of DOPE profiles for the model and template, there is a script called plot_profiles.py as part of the basic tutorial on our website that will do it. This is only a qualitative (not quantitative) comparison though.