Re: [modeller_usage] Silencing all Modeller output

On 3/25/15 8:14 AM, David Menéndez Hurtado wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to silence all output when running
automodel. I have set modeller.log.none() at the beginning of the
script, but I still get a bunch of output:

Sure. log.none() silences the logging from the Modeller internals, but there's still a handful of places in automodel where plain old Python "print" is used, and that isn't affected.

I have also tried to redirect stdout to /dev/null from Python while
Modeller runs, without effect, so I guess this must be coming from a
compiled printf.

I have no idea what a "compiled printf" is, but all Modeller output is routed to Python's sys.stdout, so you can definitely redirect that in Python (or even do something fancy, like reassign it to some other filelike object, like a StringIO) or from the command line (e.g. with the > operator). So I'm not sure what you're doing here.