[TDI-discuss] Mouthguards - Uses and Types

Mouthguards

Why should you wear a mouthguard? While mouthguards are not mandatory
equipment in all sports, their worth is indisputable. Mouthguards
cushion blows to the face and neck. A mouthguard should be part of
every athlete's gear, no matter the sport. Even adults or weekend
athletes need to protect their smile and preserve their health.

Do: Wear a mouthguard at all times when playing sports. Wear a
mouthguard custom-fitted by your dentist, especially if you wear
bridges or braces.

Don't: Wear removable appliances like retainers when playing sports.

There are two types of mouthguards:

Custom-made: Designed by a dentist and made on a cast of your teeth.
These cause very little interference with speaking or breathing. They
provide the best protection and fit over braces and fixed bridges. They
also cost more.

Ready-made: Purchased at most sporting goods stores. They are the least
expensive, the least effective, and least comfortable.

Please call our office at (972)227-1160 or email at or email us at if you would like to "play it safe!" and wear a
comfortable mouthguard and protect your teeth.

P.S. If you have any friends or family members who you feel could use our
services, please don't hesitate to have them call us, we'll be sure to take
good care of them.

Click to be removed from this mailing list.