Re: What is MPRMCNS?

Hi,

There are probably more than one template structures in the alignment.
If so, then the likely cause of the error is that some template residues
that are aligned with each other are in fact quite distant from each
other when the structures are superposed; in other words, they should
not be aligned. This results in many parameters needed to represent the
distance restraints by splines. The work around is to correct the alignment.

Best, Andrej

> Hello,
> 	I am a new Modeller user and I've managed to read my sequence
> alignment in and CHECK it using the model-default.top script, Modeller
> even writes out a .ini initial model, but then stops saying:
>
> mkspline_E> too many parameters, increase MPRMCNS
>
> Please could you tell me how to do this, or how I can get round this
> problem?
> 	Thank you,
> 		Susan Crennell

Andrej Sali, Assistant Professor
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021-6399
tel +1 212 327 7550; lab +1 212 327 7206 ; fax +1 212 327 7540
e-mail ; http://salilab.org