Re: gt5templatesonPC

Hi,

I will compile a Linux version that allows more templates. Please look for
it on our ftp site a little later today. You will probably need to increase
your swap space size and possibly also do 'limit stacksize 256000' as
root and run it as root ...

I agree with you that Linux on PCs is the way to go!

Version 5, due in a couple of weeks, has dynamic memory allocation and does
not have such size problems.

Best, Andrej

> Dear Sali,
>
> I m very interested to run modeler with 6 or seven templates on a PC with
> LINUX.
> Is there a possibility to do this. (I have seen only the number 5 for PCs
> and and a higher number for SGIs
> in your handbook, but I think to use a PC for the modelerjob is very
> usefull, bacause I tested, that a PII 450MHz has nearly double the speed of
> a SGI R10000 O2 in calculating with modeler).
>
> Your help is welcome.
>
> Yours Volker

Andrej Sali, Assistant Professor
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021-6399
tel +1 212 327 7550; lab +1 212 327 7206 ; fax +1 212 327 7540
e-mail ; http://salilab.org