Re: modelling conformation

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Holger Kremmin wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to model several short peptides with a special conformation.
> The templates have the polyproline II conformation, but the model-sequences
> are far divergent from the template-sequence.
> How can I model peptides (8-18 aa) with a given conformation ?

Holger,

Could I suggest using CHARMM for this? This type of job is fairly
easy using that program. I am not sure if there is an easy way in
modeller unless you have a good understanding of the restraint
set-up in modeller,

Tony Pemberton

Mr. A.J.Pemberton              Tel:  +121-414-3388
c/o Dept. Rheumatology,        Fax:  +121-414-3982
Medical School,                E-mail:
The University of Birmingham,
Birmingham B15 2TT.
U.K.