Re: Model Refinement

Dear Derek!

It is not very clear what do you want to do, but it looks like you do
not want to use information in the templates. I know two ways to forget
about the templates. First is to model the model based on the identical
alignment with the model itself (you will be chained to original
structure though - not a lot of room to optimize), second is to dealign
the alignment with templates completely. Then MODELLER will use it's own
homologueless general scoring function to minimize the structure. So far
we know that this function works oK for short (<10 res) loops.

Hope this helps.

--
- Dr. Azat Badretdinov
- Molecular Simulations Inc.