Re: Crash in running the SEQUENCE_SRCH

At 03:38 PM 11/14/01 +0800, Tsu-Sheng Wang wrote:
Dears:

    When I run below program, it will be crash.

INCLUDE
SET OUTPUT_CONTROL = 1 1 1 1 1
SET ATOM_FILES_DIRECTORY = '/usr/local/lib/pdb'
SET OUTPUT = 'SHORT' # 'LONG'
SET SIGNIF_CUTOFF = 8 3
SET SEARCH_RANDOMIZATIONS = 10
SET STOP_ON_ERROR = 2
CALL ROUTINE = 'sequence_srch', SEGFILE = 'ny10.chn', SEQUENCE = 'ny10'

    I want to use this program to get the alignment and using the alignment
to get the template sequence and get the model by homology modelling.
    The ny10.chn is one chain protein with 68 a.a. , and I set the
ATOM_FILES_DIRECTORY  is the all PDB files in my server. This program will
be crash after abour the 45 min. I don't know what's wrong. My server is
RedHat Linux 7.1 with PIII 1G cpu and 512Mb ram.

7.1 is notorious for its bugs. It crashes randomly blastpgp jobs too at certain conditions. I would advise you to reproduce it on 6.2.

Your friendly,
Jack Wang

--
Azat Badretdinov,