Re: Regarding obtaining dimer form

  Dear friends,

     Thank you very much for your replies.First i will tell my problem
clearly.

 I am having a protein of 274 amino acids.When i searched for the template
for this protein it picked up the template which is of homodimer in
nature. i.e, it is having

 aaaaaaaaaaaaaa/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(two chains).My protein is also belong to
the same family of template.In this family homodimer is of active form.

My protein matching with only to the first chain.

If i go ahead with this alignment i will get my peotein in monomeric form.

My question is

 1.Whether i can go ahead and get my protein in monomeric form and after
that i can do any trick to convert it into homodimer form-->how to do
this.

 2.else in the alignment itself can i do any trick so that i can get
homodimer model of my protein--->how to do this. or in the script file.

If you tell me it will be of very helpful to me.Expecting reply from you.

                                             from,
                                        Senthil kumar.R