[Fwd: "MODELLER SUPPORT": Re: Adding missing coordinates]

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Dan,

OK, I did not know the exact situation. You need to trick it manually.

If a whole segment is missing, that is a problem, indeed. You need to add at
least some ad hoc coordinates, e.g. manually to the pdb file. It does not
matter if they does not make any sense (in the loop region)  because that
segment will be completely randomized when loop modeling will be done on it,
subsequently after model building. I assume that was your plan.

But you are right, modeller does require some kind of coordinate entries, for
each residue, at least a backbone trace for the given region as input.

Andras

--
    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216
The Rockefeller University   # fax:   (212) 327 7540
Box 270, 1230 York Avenue    # e-mail:
New York, NY 10021-6399, USA # http://salilab.org/~andras

--- End Message ---