Re: MULTIPLE/SINGLE templates for modelling.

Hi!

  along this line I would like to add the following question to the
discussion:

 I agree that multiple structural alignments (MSAs) are the best starting
point for homology modelling.

  However, how can you pass (sequence-independant) information about the
quality of the alignment to Modeller? T-COFFEE for example outputs an
alignment score (CORE index) that gives you the confidence that we can have
in the alignment (locally - residue by residue). This CORE index is
independant of the amino acid composition! It may tell you for example that
two sequences that share much less sequence homology than two others are
structurally much closer than the two sharing a higher sequence homology.

At present I don't see an easy way to pass this information on to Modeller,
except by editing the alignment by hand.

  I would be interested in your comments,

  Kind regards, Karsten Suhre. (IGS-CNRS, Marseille, Fance)