Re: [modeller_usage] How to discard overhangs in target sequence

Hi Markus,

you might modify your alignment like this:

-----------------YYYYYYYY------------------
>P1;target
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

should become

-----------------YYYYYYYY------------------
>P1;target
-----------------XXXXXXXX------------------

i.e. you might simply delete all parts from the target sequence that you do not want to be modelled.

Hope this helps,
Oliver

Markus Fischer wrote:
Hello modellers,

if my target sequence is longer compared to the template sequence and in the alignment I find an overhang for the target sequence at the N- and C-terminus, is there any way to tell modeller by some parameters to use only the part of the target sequence covered by the template, or do I have to cut the overhang in the alignment?

Thanks,

Markus.

--

Oliver Hucke (PostDoc)