Re: [modeller_usage] malign3d will not align multiple structures

Hello Oliver-

  Thank you for the reply.  MALIGN3D does not require an alignment file if
the structural models have a 1:1 sequence correspondence.  In my case I am
aligning five models of the same protein.  I figured out what the problem
was by looking at the .top files in the examples/tutorial-model folder of
modeller6v2.  As it turns out, I have to add the command

SET ALIGN_CODES = 'atip' 'atip' 'atip' 'atip' 'atip'

with which MALIGN3D properly loads the five model atip.Bxxx files.  The
Sanchez and Sali Methods in Molecular Biology article does not mention
this (and neither does the manual).

Regards-

Mark J Daniels

Department of Cell Biology