[modeller_usage] Modeller usage with Python 2.4?

After perusing the archives for explanations of Modeller and Python interactions, it isn't apparent to me that Modeller couldn't use a later interpreter and modules if the paths are set correctly.  I understand that Modeller can be made aware of standard python 2.3 modules with the PYTHONHOME variable.  However, I haven't found a clear yes or no on using a Python 2.4 standard installation with Modeller.  Is it possible to disable the internal Python 2.3 interpreter linked into Modeller and force Modeller to use a system's Python 2.4 installation?  If not, then I could just compile/install Python 2.3.  I use SUSE 9.3 and 10.0 mainly at the moment in our lab at UNCG on all the machines so I don't have a native install of the older Python.  Uninstalling Python 2.4 breaks several packages so a side by side compile/install is probably easiest.  Thanks for your help,
Dow

No sig.