Re: [modeller_usage] Atom index is out of range

andreyvoronkov wrote:
Dear MADELLER administration and MODELLER users, my MODELLER job,
using modeller for "initial model" procedure failed. I wanted to
replace a part of protein by the data of X-ray analysis and used
initial model procedure. I've got the error:

"nselat__596E> Atom index is out of range (iatm,natm):     5009
5008"

What might be the problem? I've browsed archives and found same
question, but there the problem was in mismatch of number of atoms. I
don't have such mismatch.

The initial model is assumed to be produced by a previous Modeller run, which is not the case for your example. It has the wrong number of atoms, in the incorrect order. You can fix this problem by first reading your model into Modeller, 'correcting' it, and then writing it out again, with a script similar to that below (similar to examples/commands/energy.py):

env = environ()
env.libs.topology.read(file='$(LIB)/top_heav.lib')
env.libs.parameters.read(file='$(LIB)/par.lib')

aln = alignment(env)
code = "FZD1"
mdl = model(env, file=code)
aln.append_model(mdl, atom_files=code, align_codes=code)
aln.append_model(mdl, atom_files=code+'.ini', align_codes=code+'-ini')

mdl.generate_topology(aln, sequence=code+'-ini')
mdl.transfer_xyz(aln)
mdl.build(initialize_xyz=False, build_method='INTERNAL_COORDINATES')
mdl.write(file='new%s.pdb' % code)