Re: [modeller_usage] Problems about disulfide bonds

饶? wrote:
>         I have some questions about two commonds
> model.patch_ss_templates() and model.patch_ss().First,I don't know what
> exactly does these two commonds want to do.In my opinion,the earler can
> indicate wether the disulfide bonds exist and where are they and the
> later has the same function of which the target is the protein which is
> modeled.But after I have run the commond and used the mdl.energy()
> commond,I don't how to understant the output file.I don't know what
> information I can get from the .log file.

See http://salilab.org/modeller/FAQ.html#3

model.patch_ss_templates() adds disulfide bonds to your model if you
have a Cys-Cys pair aligned with a disulfide bond (determined by
inter-residue distance) in the template. This is done automatically for
you by the automodel class anyway.

model.patch_ss() adds disulfide bonds for every Cys-Cys pair in your
model, if they are sufficiently close. But this is probably not suitable
in your case.

model.patch() is used to manually add disulfide bonds, is probably what
you want, and is described in the example at the link provided above.