Re: [modeller_usage] RMSD

Mathew Smith wrote:
I would like to measure the rmsd between the secondary structure elements of my
models and the templates.
I have been trying to do this using the selection.superpose method, as shown in
the example file examples/commands/pick_atoms.py, to select a range of
residues. But it keeps giving the following error:
KeyError: 'No such residue: 4'

I have only been programming for a few months and can't see why it is giving
this KeyError?

Like it says, there's no residue called "4" in your model. You should check your PDB file to make sure it's there! A common error is to forget the chain ID - if your residue is in chain A, you need to specify this, e.g.

s = selection(mdl.residue_range('4:A', '10:A'))

If in doubt, you could add a little loop to print all the residues with something like:

for r in mdl.residues:
    print r