[modeller_usage] help with modelling protein-DNA complex

Hi,

I have looked at the manual and previous queries posted on this reoccuring subject but am unable to get modeller to model a protein-DNA complex where I treat the DNA as a rigid body.

All I get back are models of the protein with no DNA present.

I have done 3 things

1. Changed my pdb file so the DNA entry has HETATM and BLK (a sample below) :

HETATM 1043 O5* BLK C 100 31.258 -2.296 76.212 1.00 81.62 DNA1 O HETATM 1044 C5* BLK C 100 29.867 -2.121 76.367 1.00 69.89 DNA1 C

2. Included in my alignment file a '.' for each BLK residue and a '/' to signifiy the end of a chain

>P1;9ANT
structureX:9ANT:FIRST :@ END : : :dros:undefined: 2.4: 0.23
RQTYTRYQTLELEKEFHFNRYLTRRRRIEIAHALCLTERQIKIWFQNRRMKWKKENK/
.............../
...............*

>P1;1AAA
sequence:1AAA:FIRST :@ END : : :human:undefined: 0.00: 0.00
RTAYTNTQLLELEKEFHFNKYLCRPRRVEIAALLDLTERKVKVWFQNRRMKHKRQTQ*

3. In my top file (running 8v2) include several varieties to turn het atoms on e.g
env.io.hetatom= True
SET HETATM_IO ON
io_data.hetatm = True

The script looks like this:

INCLUDE # Include the predefined TOP routines

SET ALNFILE  = 'model.ali'                    # alignment filename
SET KNOWNS   = '9ANT'                         # codes of the templates
SET SEQUENCE = '1AAA'                         # code of the target
SET ATOM_FILES_DIRECTORY = './:../atom_files' # directories for input atom files
SET HETATM_IO on
SET STARTING_MODEL= 1                         # index of the first model
SET ENDING_MODEL  = 500                       # index of the last model
# (determines how many models to calculate)

CALL ROUTINE = 'model'                        # do homology modelling

Any help or suggestions on something I have missed would be greatly appreciated!

Elliott