Re: [modeller_usage] How to incorporate NAD and water in my model

Charlie Allerston wrote:
Do you have to use the modeller alignment script? I have been using ebi software to create a .pir file.

No, you do not need to use Modeller to make your alignment file. However, since there are no standard one-letter codes for ligands, you will likely have to edit your original alignment in a text editor to put in the ligands.

After reading the modeller files and tutorials i am still at a loss as to how to use these 'blk' characters. I am trying to get a molecule of fad that is present in my template into my model.

Please go through the advanced tutorial, and if you have a specific question, ask it. You could also post your input files. Otherwise, I can only give reiterate what's in the documentation, since I don't know what your stumbling block is.