[modeller_usage] homology problem

Hello all,

I am recently became interested in modeling, and I am trying to model a recently discovered protein, that unfortunately appears not to have homologues at all. I tried to run the molecule domain by domain, try to use GenTHREADER, 3DPSSM and several others methods and metaservers to find homologues, but nothing gives an alignment with a reasonable accuracy or p-value. Could somebody recommend me what to do in this case to obtain a reasonable alignment / model?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Fabian Glaser, PhD
Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit,
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary
Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

E-mail: " href="mailto:">" lang="en-us"> ">" color="#0000ff" face="Arial" size="2">
Tel:    +972-4-829-3701