[modeller_usage] what should PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH be set to?

Hi,

Sorry to ask such an apparently naive question, but I haven't been
able to find the answer on the mailing list, or in the documentation,
or by experimenting myself... In a generic linux installation, when
I'm not using an RPM, what do I need to set the PYTHONPATH and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to, in order to be able to use modeller in the
typical python way (i.e. "import modeller" from within python)? The
documentation indicates this is possible with modeller 9v1, if the
above paths are set appropriately, but it doesn't indicate what
"appropriately" means.

Thanks!
David