Re: [modeller_usage] modeller 9.2: spaghetti effect with multiple templates

Raik Gruenberg wrote:
So to what extend differs the multiple-template treatment of Modeller 9 from previous versions? Do I need to use different parameters for multi-template modeling in the new version? Or is the general default modeling protocol different now?

The multiple-template treatment did not change at all between Modeller 8 and Modeller 9, so I'm surprised that you're seeing such different models.

I can't deduce anything more from your output PDB files. If you can make a zip file of your inputs (see http://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node10.html) then I can take a look to see whether you're running into a bug.

One obvious thing to check is the generated .rsr file for both 8 and 9. If you're getting different models, then either the multiple-template treatment (or some other part of the restraints generation) is making a different set of restraints, or you have the same restraints in both cases but they are being optimized differently.

So here is our (old-style) input file:

INCLUDE
SET OUTPUT_CONTROL = 1 1 1 1 1
SET ALNFILE  = 'final.pir_aln'
SET KNOWNS = '1K2H_A' '1M31_A' '1J55_A' '1KSO_A' '1MQ1_A' '1MWN_A' '1MHO_' '1NSH_A' '1K8U_A' '1DT7_A'
SET SEQUENCE = 'target'        # code of the target
SET ATOM_FILES_DIRECTORY = '../templates/modeller/'
SET STARTING_MODEL= 1  # index of the first model
SET ENDING_MODEL  = 10    # index of the last model
CALL ROUTINE = 'model'

Is this being generated by the Biskit framework? If so, why does it generate deprecated TOP files when Python scripts give you more flexibility?