Re: [modeller_usage] Question about a protein structure

Ester Fusté Domínguez wrote:
I have a problem with modeller and probably you can help me.
I want to do protein  structure  modelling.
I have the sequence of a bacterium protein, and it's known that it has
tree identical chains like this:
MQMKKLFPIL IGLGLTGFSA MSQAENLLQV YQQARISNPD LRKSAADRDA

It would be more helpful if you could show the actual Modeller inputs (i.e. Python script, and alignment file) you're using. I'm assuming this sequence isn't the actual alignment file you're passing to Modeller - for one thing, Modeller sequences must not have spaces in them. And what are the templates you're using? Do they also have three identical chains, or are you trying to build a trimer from a monomer template?

I don't really know what can I do to avoid the chains overlap.
I have tried to copy the sequence three times but it doesn't work.

I'm not sure what you mean by "chains overlap". But what you are certainly missing in your sequence are chain breaks - '/' characters - which will prevent the termini in adjacent chains from being bonded. See also http://salilab.org/modeller/9v1/manual/node27.html

When you say "doesn't work" what is the error message you receive?