Re: [modeller_usage] structural docking

It appears to me that the question was general even though it was mailed to Modeller-specific list. So no, Modeller can't do protein docking, but yes, protein-protein docking can be done. See links below for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein-protein_docking
http://zlab.bu.edu/zdock/dockingsites.shtml

My general advice: whenever in doubt, go to Wikipedia and type few keywords - it comes up with something relevant more often than not.

Cheers,

Mensur

At 10:35 AM 9/4/2007, Modeller Caretaker wrote:
 wrote:
> I was wondering if it was possible, given two protein sequences or
> structures, to show possible docking interactions between the two
> proteins?  And if so, how this is done??

No - Modeller itself does not do any kind of protein-protein docking.

| Mensur Dlakic, PhD                | Tel: (406) 994-6576                |
| Department of Microbiology        | Fax: (406) 994-4926                |
| Montana State University          |                                    |
| 109 Lewis Hall, P.O. Box 173520   | http://myprofile.cos.com/mensur    |
| Bozeman, MT 59717-3520            | E-mail:         |