[modeller_usage] mutate model

Hi,

I want to study the effect of mutation on the back bone structure of a protein. I am currently using the mutate_model script, which mutates the residue and minimizes the conformation of side chain keeping the rest of the protein intact (Correct me if I am wrong). Is it the right way to study the effect of mutation on the the entire protein, is there any other option in modeller to study the effect of mutation on the protein structure.

Anticipating a reply soon

Suji George
Dept of Life Sciences
university of Mumbai
India.

--
Over 2 Million Holiday Gift Ideas - Take a Look!
mail.com shopping at  http://mail.shopping.com/?linkin_id=8033174