Re: [modeller_usage] Alignment editors?

Hi Esben.  Sorry I didn't see your posting earlier.

Esben Jannik Bjerrum wrote:
    This is not entirely modeller specific, but related. Do anyone know of an alignment editor which accepts, but doesn't delete the PIR comment lines? So far I have just hand edited the PIR file from a fasta file, but now I'm trying to model a multimeric and multidomain protein which makes it very complicated and cumbersome.
Jalview (http://www.jalview.org) makes an attempt at preserving the PIR comment lines specifically for this purpose. There is also a setting in the preferences to enable 'modeller style PIR' output, which means that it will try and keep the sequence start/end numbering in sync with the residue numbering entries in the information field.

hope this helps.
Jim

J. B. Procter  (ENFIN/VAMSAS)  Barton Bioinformatics Research Group
Phone/Fax:+44(0)1382 388734/345764  http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk