[modeller_usage] question about mutate_model

 I would like to use the script mutate_model to evaluate different conformations of the same mutant side chain
inserted in a protein. Therefore I used the script "mutate model" as suggested in the Wiki section, and
repeated the procedure 5 times, expecting to obtain 5 different conformations of the mutant side chain.
Instead, I obtained 5 identical proteins with side chains perfectly superimposable between each others. How
can I manage myself in order to obtain 5 different models of the same mutation? Moreover, this is probably a
naive question, but since repeated MD cycles generally do not produce identical results, why this protocol did
not work in such a way?
Many thanks and best regards

Anna Marabotti

Anna Marabotti, Ph.D.
Laboratorio di Bioinformatica e Biologia Computazionale
Istituto di Scienze dell'Alimentazione, CNR
Via Roma 52 A/C
83100 Avellino (Italy)
Tel: +39 0825 299651
Fax: +39 0825 781585
Skype: annam1972
E-mail:
Web page: http://bioinformatica.isa.cnr.it/anna.htm
Funded by RNBIO: http://www.rnbio.it/
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"