[modeller_usage] normalized DOPE - expected values vs quality of template?

Dear all

I expect this is more a question for the developers, but perhaps other
users have relevant experiences to share.

With 9v5 we have the very useful Z scores from a normalized DOPE
assessment.  The manual says that +ve scores are bad, and that anything
less than -1 or so is 'native-like'.  Presumably the best achievable Z
score will depend very much on the available templates - we should be
able to do much better with 70% identical templates than with 30%
identical templates.  Has anyone got a feel for what kind of figures we
should be happy with (and be able to quote in a paper as supporting the
quality of our model) in different ranges of template % sequence
identity?

Thanks in advance

Dan

--
Dr Daniel John Rigden                     Tel:(+44) 151 795 4467
School of Biological Sciences             FAX:(+44) 151 795 4406