Re: [modeller_usage] parallel modeller

Mauricio Carrillo Tripp wrote:
> I ran into the same problem. I searched the wiki but couldn't find a
> solution. From the description provided in the thread is not obvious
> how to proceed. Is there a working script that could be used as a
> starting point to run parallel jobs in a cluster using PBS?

The solution is the same as before - we don't have a PBS cluster, so
haven't written a startup mechanism for it (only for SGE). If you do
have a PBS cluster and a little bit of Python knowledge, it should be
straightforward for you (or others) to write such a PBS class using the
existing SGE classes as an example. But nobody has done that yet.

> Is there a way to specify the initial random seed used by each
> modeller script?

Sure - set rand_seed when you create your environ object; see
http://salilab.org/modeller/9v5/manual/node105.html

For example,
env = environ(rand_seed=-2000)