Re: [modeller_usage] Filling in Missing atoms for a docking complex

Good o know about those options. I was just skimming through section 2
in the manual over lunch and I came across this example script. Would
this also work? If so, are there any advantages to using
model-segment.py?

2.2.9 Using your own initial model
Normally, automodel generates an initial model by transferring
coordinates from the templates. However, if you
have a prepared PDB file containing an initial model, you can have
automodel use this instead with the inifile
keyword, as in the example below. (This automatically sets
automodel.generate method to generate.read xyz for
you, which is necessary for this to work.)
Example: examples/automodel/model-myini.py
# Modeling using a provided initial structure file (inifile)
from modeller import *
from modeller.automodel import * # Load the automodel class
log.verbose()
env = environ()
# directories for input atom files
env.io.atom_files_directory = [’.’, ’../atom_files’]
a = automodel(env,
alnfile = ’alignment.ali’, # alignment filename
knowns = ’5fd1’, # codes of the templates
sequence = ’1fdx’, # code of the target
inifile = ’my-initial.pdb’) # use ’my’ initial structure
a.starting_model= 1 # index of the first model
a.ending_model = 1 # index of the last model
# (determines how many models to calculate)
a.make() # do homology modeling