Re: [modeller_usage] Evaluation of membrane proteins models

BESSADOK Anis wrote:
I am using modeller to model MEMBRANE proteins. I want to evaluate my models but I don’t know if DOPE score can be used to do this.

DOPE is a statistical potential; it was derived from a database of crystal structures. Thus, predictions are only likely to be reliable for proteins similar to those in the database. No membrane proteins were included in this database, so it is unlikely that DOPE in its current form will be reliable for the assessment of membrane protein models.