Re: [modeller_usage] how to build mutations with different resiudes to different target residues?

On 1/11/10 1:24 AM, leuven wrote:
I want to build mutation model with 5 residues. The no. of this residues
is : 16, 42 56, 88, 152, and they are mutated into different residues.
How to achieve this? I found something at
http://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node234.html, but I don't think this
example is suitable for my situation.

What's wrong with that script? It looks like it does basically what you want to do. But in your case you have multiple mutations, so you'll need to repeat the central part of the script where a selection is created and then sel.mutate() is called.

For an example where more optimization of the resulting mutation is done, see http://salilab.org/modeller/wiki/Mutate%20model