[modeller_usage] If I disable the default N and C-term patched, must I manually apply them?

Hi all,

I hope to model a protein which is only a part of a big one (i.e. not up to its real N or C-terminal). So I turn off the default N and C patches with "patch_default=false". In this case, must I manually apply neutral patches, like ACE and CT3 to my model? I mean, can Modeller work wothout any N and C-term patches? I asked this because my next step is docking, which did not require any preexisting terminal patches. Thank you.

Best wishes,
Stanley

--
Be the change you want to see in the world.