Re: [modeller_usage] If I disable the default N and C-term patched, must I manually apply them?

On 03/18/2010 07:59 PM, wayj86 wayj86 wrote:
I hope to model a protein which is only a part of a big one (i.e. not up
to its real N or C-terminal). So I turn off the default N and C patches
with "patch_default=false". In this case, must I manually apply neutral
patches, like ACE and CT3 to my model? I mean, can Modeller work wothout
any N and C-term patches? I asked this because my next step is docking,
which did not require any preexisting terminal patches. Thank you.

You can build a model without any terminal patches if you want - I doubt it will affect the model at all.