[modeller_usage] Modelling a really large structure with a lot of chains

Dear Modellers,

I am trying to model a really large structure with a lot of chains
(180 to be more exact - this is a complete virus capside) and I am
encountering problems with the PDB format used in the automodel class.
I manage to convince it to read a PDB file with 4 false chains
(corresponding each to 45 "real" chains). However, the script finds
out 180 chains internally (so much for fooling it...), writes them to
the *.INI file with bogus chain IDs (and bogus residue and atom
numbers) that it cannot read again when trying to produce the models.
How to solve this? Can I change the automodel class to read mmCIF
instead of PDB?

Thanks in advance,

Cláudio M. Soares

Claudio M. Soares
Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Av. da República – EAN,
2780-157 Oeiras
PORTUGAL