Re: [modeller_usage] How to force Modeller to use a unique name for a log file?

Nevermind. Further reading revealed the missing vitamin.
Sorry

On 11/16/2010 1:05 PM, Starr Hazard wrote:
Folks

/path/bin/mod9v8 foo.py

Writes to a log file   "foo.log"

/path/bin/mod9v8 foo.py>  foo_out.log

ALSO writes output to 'foo.log' and nothing is written to 'foo_out.log'.

What I want to do is to model a series of sequences from the same
alignment. I can do this by copy/editing the foo.py script; eg  foo_1.py
etc and executing the modeling
on each sequence from a unique script. Editing more than a few such
scripts gets old. If I pass the  sequence name to a foo_input.py,  I
have less of an editing chore but each call to foo_input.py overwrites
the previous log file and I want to get retain these logs to examine.

Is there a way for me to redirect to a named file of my choosing? The
usual method UNIX redirect is not working for me at the moment.

Thanks,

Starr